FAIRFIELD, Ala. (AP) - Police in suburban Birmingham say a college student has been charged with attempted murder in the stabbing of his roommate.
Fairfield Police Chief Nick Dyer tells Al.com that 21-year-old Tyler Christopher Tomlin of Madison County is charged in the attack at Miles College.
The reported assault happened early Sunday in a dorm room. A student identified as Nathan Gordon was stabbed in the body and the head.
Authorities say the injuries weren't life-threatening, but he remained hospitalized in stable condition Monday.
A statement from the college described the stabbing as an isolated incident, but officials haven't released any possible motive.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Alabama college student charged in roommate's stabbing
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed
- College student swallows Tide Pod after being caught filming roommate naked, police say
- White roommate in body fluids case avoids hate crimes charge
- Leawood housemates post sign telling roommate to empty dishwasherHousemates post sign telling roommate to empty dishwasher
- Angry man places ad to five roommates stuff away
- Angry man places ad to give roommates stuff away
- Roommate allegedly strangles 92-year-old woman because of her snoring
- Austin bomber's roommate still being questioned, lawmaker says
- Teen charged with stabbing his younger brother