Scary moments in the College Football Playoff National Championship as freshman defensive back Kyriq McDonald collapsed on the sideline during the second half.
McDonald appeared alert as ESPN's broadcast showed McDonald sitting up on a stretcher with his eyes open.
Scary situation in Atlanta: Alabama DB Kyriq McDonald has collapsed on the sideline. A stretcher is out. pic.twitter.com/YDy0bfs6pu
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) January 9, 2018
The freshman is from Madison, Alabama and played high school football at James Clemens. He has not seen any action so far this season.
SEC Country Alabama beat writer Marq Burnett reports he spoke with McDonald who says he is fine now.
- Alabama DB Kyriq McDonald collapses on sideline during championship game
- The sidelining of Bill Clinton
- New Developments In D.B. Cooper Case May Finally Solve Mystery
- McDonald's is going green
- Alabama-Georgia championship game tickets reach record high
- President Trump to join Alabama radio broadcast during championship game
- Graham suggests 'outliers' in Trump admin sidelined immigration deal
- Chief Wahoo has been sidelined. Redskins, you're up.
- EPA officials sidelined or demoted after raising concerns about Pruitt
- Lawmakers place wager on national championship game