WAAY spent Wednesday contacting officials and talking to drivers about what should happen next to prevent another wreck at the intersection of South Memorial and Redstone Road.
"A lot of the time we see traffic backed up and when we come out to look we see its at this intersection or there's been a wreck," Donna Ledbetter.
Donna Ledbetter works nearby and told us she's seen multiple accidents recently the intersection.
"I live across the parkway and this is the first week I've noticed this many wrecks at this one spot," Sandra Jett.
Sandra Jett said wrecks at this intersection are a new problem.
"Its two lanes turning into three and sometimes people can drift thinking they are in a different lane than they are," Jason Duffey.
Jason Duffey works nearby and told WAAY the traffic problems on South Memorial Parkway need to be fixed. ALDOT told us that they hired a contractor to come take a look at this area of roadway and are currently developing a plan.
"I think it is developing a pattern. I do," Ledbetter.
The ALDOT representative we talked to said they plan to host a public meeting to discuss possible changes to this roadway later this year
- ALDOT taking a closer look at traffic concerns on S. Memorial Parkway
- Most power back on after traffic trouble on Memorial Parkway
- Car overturns on Memorial Parkway, catches fire
- 3 displaced after Memorial Parkway fire
- Truck overturns on south Memorial Parkway
- Lane closures on South Memorial Parkway
- South Memorial Parkway mainline opening soon
- Three injured in Memorial Parkway crash
- South Memorial Parkway mainline to open
- South Memorial Parkway mainline now open