It was a busy Monday morning for Athens police and fire departments as they were called to a fire at Bomar Inn on US 31 around 9 a.m.
Before officers arrived, multiple reports were made aboout smoke coming from one of the rooms.
Athens police tell WAAY31, firefighters believe it started near or on one of the beds.
After an investigation, officials believe there is a high probability of an explosion. They gathered evidence of a substance and sent it to the lab.
The investigation continues and no arrests have been made.
- A fire at an Athens' Inn is believed to be caused by an explosion
- Athens police investigating shooting
- One person hurt in Athens apartment fire
- Family loses home after fire caused by space heater in Athens
- Athens community drop-off event
- Athens State president stepping down
- State Fire Marshal puts the Four Way Inn under a fire watch
- WATCH: Athens firefighters revive unresponsive dog trapped in house fire
- Athens fire department getting new thermal imaging cameras
- An Athens neighborhood concerned over beaver dams causing flooding and mosquitoes