Etowah County authorities say they have recovered a large sum of cash along with marijuana, spice and guns as a result of a Tuesday search warrant.
Agents say they entered a home in East Gadsden after receiving information about drug sales happening from the property. During a search they found several bags of spice and marijuana, four guns, a bullet-proof vest, two digital scales and more than $1,400. One of the guns was reported stolen from a business in 2013.
Five are facing multiple charges, including four people from Gadsden and one from Huntsville.
20-year-old Tyderrius Heard of Huntsville was arrested along with 19-year-old Jurell Harvey, 23-year-old Dandre Ledford, 21-year-old Brandon McCurdy and 25-year-old Chatasia McCurdy, all from Gadsden. The four all face charges of unlawful possession of spice, marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Heard was also charged with receiving stolen property.
Harvey was already out on bond for a heroin distribution charge.
The five were transported to the Etowah County Detention Center.
- 5 arrested in Etowah County drug bust
- Four arrested in Jackson County drug bust
- Etowah County men charged with rape
- Etowah County man arrested for possession of child pornography
- Etowah woman charged with using drugs while pregnant
- Boaz police arrest two in drug bust
- Man tased by Etowah deputies dies
- PHOTOS: Seven arrested in Jackson County drug bust
- Two men arrested in Morgan County drug bust
- Man in Etowah County dies after deputies use stun gun