Two men already facing capital murder charges for the murder of a 13-year-old Huntsville girl are now facing charges for a second death that authorities believe is the girl's grandmother.
Yoni Aguilar, 26, and Israel Gonzalez Palomino, 34, are now both charged with capital murder of two or more people.
The men had already been jailed for the murder of Mariah Lopez, 13. Her body was found in a woodline on Lemley Drive June 7.
The new charges link them to a second body found in Owens Cross Roads a week later, about two miles from where Lopez's body was found. A positive identification has not been made, but authorities have said they believe it is Lopez's grandmother, Oralia Mendoza, 49.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office is investigating the murders. A motive for the killings has not been released.
- Additional charge filed against men jailed for 13-year-old's murder
- Two men arrested for capital murder in death of 13-year-old girl
- Two men charged in Joy Circle murder
- Two men jailed in meth trafficking investigation
- Convicted murder mistakenly released from jail
- No charges filed against Jemison High teacher
- Body found in Owens Cross Roads was 13-year-old girl
- Men charged with DeKalb County burglary
- Florence men facing felony meth, heroin charges
- Etowah County men charged with rape