A substitute teacher for Tuscaloosa City Schools was arrested Wednesday on a charge of engaging in a sex act with a student under the age of 19.
Meta Lovely, 54, of Duncanville, turned herself in to Tuscaloosa police Wednesday morning.
Police said the relationship was reported May 2.
Lovely was jailed in the Tuscaloosa County Jail on $30,000 bond.
- Tuscaloosa teacher accused of having sexual contact with student
- Tuscaloosa man charged with killing daughter
- Boaz Middle School teacher arrested for having sexual contact with a student
- Tuscaloosa man dies in motorcycle crash in Tuscumbia
- Former 'Teacher of the Year' in Georgia accused of sexual assault
- Rolling Hills teacher claims student attacked her
- Teacher left her students $1 million
- Huntsville teacher removed from campus following sexual misconduct allegation
- Georgia teacher accused of exposing himself to woman
- Alabama teacher accused of sex acts with girl in classroom