Russellville police are searching for Miguel Ortiz.
Police said he is charged with rape and sexual abuse of a child less than 12. Police have warrants on Ortiz, but he has disappeared and they need the public's help finding him.
Police have entered his information into a national database that reaches all police departments and they have put out an alert for him. Russellville police said they've been watching his home, but they believe he could have skipped town.
Russellville police said Ortiz raped and sexually abused a young girl in a home on Beech Avenue for years. When the victim turned 12 she got pregnant from the abuse. Both mother and baby were adopted. Police said the victim came forward after her adoption about Ortiz because she felt safe.
Neighbors who live on Beech Avenue told WAAY 31 they are on high alert and on the lookout in case Ortiz shows up.
"We watch, we watch very closely," said neighbor Barbara Hill. "I'm a mama, I'm a grandma and I am going to watch after my kids and my grandkids the best I can.
Russellville Police Chief Chris Hargett said they won't rest until Ortiz is captured.
"Our main focus at this time is to make sure the victim is safe and doing everything we can to bring this person to justice so he can have his day in court," said Hargett.
If you see Ortiz or have a tip on where he could be call Russellville police at 256-332-2230.
- Russellville man wanted for rape and sexual abuse
- Damage in Russellville
- Pioneer Day celebration in Russellville
- Man charged with attempted rape, sexual abuse of child
- Russellville police searching for auto thief
- Athens man charged with sexually abusing child
- Hazel Green wins 6A championship, Russellville falls in 5A
- Lawrence County man charged with sexually abusing girls
- Huntsville police charge man with sexual abuse of a child
- Two men arrested for sexually abusing minors