Lauderdale County authorities have arrested a man who escaped from the Lauderdale County Detention Center Monday afternoon.
Rodrecous Deshawn Rogers, 22, escaped from the detention center around 3:30 p.m., authorities said. He was arrested around 5:30 p.m. walking down a road.
Rogers slipped out of a door while being booked for a bench warrant, authorities said. He left with other people who were being released.
Officials said Rogers will likely face more charges for escaping.
- Man escapes from Lauderdale County jail back in custody
- Three inmates are back in custody in Marshall County after jail house escape
- Escaped Shoals inmate back in jail
- Lauderdale County Homicide Investigation
- Inmate escaped from Morgan County Jail
- Lauderdale County man charged with rape
- Lauderdale County man arrested for sodomy
- Storm damage in Lauderdale County
- A design flaw at the Lauderdale County Detention Center is how escaped inmate got away again
- UPDATE: Inmates recaptured hours after Marion County Jail escape