Search crews in Gadsden found the truck witnesses saw drive off a bridge and into the Coosa River. The male driver was deceased inside, ABC 33/40 in Birmingham reported.
At this point the man's name is not being released though the coroner said it appears he is from Etowah County.
It was Sunday afternoon when witnesses saw the vehicle go over the side of the Meighan Bridge.
Search crews from the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Marine Division, Etowah County Sheriff’s Office, Gadsden Fire Department and Gadsden Police Department spent Sunday evening searching the water for the vehicle and any passengers.
- Update: search crews find man, truck in the Coosa River
- Coosa County inmate caught after 2nd jail escape within 3 weeks
- Crews continue search for Giles County kayaker
- Crews find body of missing Giles County kayaker
- Search for missing man continues
- Limestone County man drowns in Tennessee River
- UPDATE: Decatur police identify pedestrian hit by truck
- UPDATE: Jackson County highway reopens after paint truck crash
- Huntsville crews pull man from vehicle hanging from embankment
- Ft. Payne man killed on I-59 standing next to truck