Arab woman killed in overnight fire identified

The overnight fire also killed two pets that lived in the home, investigators said.

Posted: Apr. 19, 2018 2:23 PM

A house fire that killed an Arab woman Wednesday night was likely caused by a cigarette, investigators said.

Scroll for more content...

Tammy Clark, 42, was found on the kitchen floor in a home on South Main Street around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, Arab Fire Department Chief Ricky Phillips said.

Phillips died at the scene, Phillips said. A dog and cat in the house also died.

Phillips said the fire started on the porch and was probably caused by a discarded cigarette or other smoking material.

Firefighters had to go back to the house Thursday morning around 7 a.m. after flames rekindled in the home.

Related Content

Article Comments

Huntsville
Broken Clouds
77° wxIcon
Hi: 85° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 79°
Florence
Clear
75° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 75°
Fayetteville
Clear
75° wxIcon
Hi: 83° Lo: 66°
Feels Like: 75°
Decatur
Clear
76° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 76°
Scottsboro
Broken Clouds
73° wxIcon
Hi: 85° Lo: 69°
Feels Like: 73°
WAAY Radar
WAAY WAAY-TV Cam
WAAY Temperatures

 

Community Events