The Morgan County Sheriff's Office is working to determine what caused a fatal fire early Tuesday morning in the Joppa community.
Calls for a house fire started coming in around 2:30 a.m. The home sits at the intersection of Highway 67 and Apple Grove Road.
Fire crews from Tri-County and Rock Creek responded to the call. They found the home engulfed in flames when they arrived.
It took roughly two hours to extinguish the fire.
WAAY 31 spoke with Morgan County Cornorer Jeff Chunn, who confirmed that one person died in the fire, but said he had not yet identified the victim.
The cause of the fire is unknown, but MCSO investigators are working to determine if it may be suspicious in nature. Officials expect to be able to provide more information later in the morning.
- Morgan County Sheriff's Office investigating fatal fire in the Joppa community
- Morgan Co. sheriff's office reviewing trustee program
- Fatal motorcycle crash in Morgan County
- Former jail warden sues Morgan County sheriff
- Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting
- Body discovered after Morgan county house fire
- Morgan Co. sheriff's deputies recovering after crash
- Morgan County deputies wreck update
- Teen shot on Alpha Lane, Madison County Sheriff's Office investigating
- Investigation into alleged theft from Marshall County Sheriff's Office