Huntsville police have arrested a man for robbing a bank on University Drive Thursday afternoon.
Keon Ladell Reed, 38, is charged with first-degree robbery.
Reed is accused of walking into the Woodforest National Bank just before 3:30 p.m. Thursday with a gun and using a note to demand money. A Huntsville Police Department spokesman said Reed was dressed as a woman when he entered the bank.
Police said Reed was not there when officers arrived, but he was identified and brought in for questioning after authorities identified him through video surveillance from the bank.
Bond had not been set for Reed as of Friday morning, according to jail records.
- Police: Man dressed in drag robs Huntsville bank
- Police: Man arrested for robbing a child
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Man charged with robbing elderly
- Huntsville police charge man with murder in Meridianville man's death
- Huntsville police host awards banquet
- Sheriff: Deputy dragged by car stuns, shoots Alabama suspect
- Huntsville police identify man killed in officer-involved shooting
- Huntsville Police: Man in custody after early morning chase
- Police: Man shot while sitting in Huntsville parking lot