A woman is in the hospital after falling into a cave in Stevenson.
According to Jackson County officials, it happened Sunday off County Road 54. Officials say a group of people were exploring a cave when a 19-year-old woman fell about 40 feet.
The Jackson County Rescue Squad and the Fackler Fire Department responded, but the woman had climbed out by the time they arrived.
Officials say she was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
- Woman rescued after falling into cave in Jackson County
- Jackson County authorities searching for missing woman
- Woman, dog rescued after falling through ice in Madison
- Trump's America is caving, as autocrats rise
- Woman shoots man after assault in Jackson County
- Tree falls through home in Jackson Co., barely misses teen
- Divers discover world's longest underwater cave system in Mexico
- 'This is a massacre': Turkey's bombs drive families into caves
- Sandy Hook parents: Online platforms are caving to hoaxers
- 7 miners killed in cave-in in South Africa