UPDATE: Cullman County's Sheriff's Office has posted the following on its facebook page: "The suspects, JASON STEVENS and Tei Ti Taimi, in the shooting in Holly Pond have been located and arrested. The children were also located earlier and are safe."
Cullman County authorities were searching for a suspect who investigators say was involved in a shooting stemming from a burglary call around 4 p.m. Friday.
Sheriff's deputies asked for the public's help locating Tei Ti Taimi. Investigators believed he had at least one child with him, and he was considered armed at this time.
Authorities say the State Bureau of Investigation is handling certain aspects of the case, as law enforcement shot at the suspect when he appeared to have brandished a weapon when driving away from deputies. Taimi drove through a garage door and hit law enforcement vehicles before getting away. No one appears to be harmed as a result of the shooting. It is unknown if the suspect fired a weapon at this time.
Investigators say the shooting happened in Holly Pond, which is in the northeast corner of the county.
Taimi was arrested approximately one month ago on an unrelated burglary charge.
If anyone with additional information about the case is asked to call (256) 734-0342.
Photo: Cullman Sheriff
- Cullman County Sheriff: Armed suspect caught, children safe
- 2 killed in Cullman County car crash
- Arab man killed in Cullman County crash
- 18-wheeler wreck blocks I-65 in Cullman County
- Man arrested for murder of Cullman woman
- 4 arrested on drug trafficking charges in Cullman County
- Sheriff: 4 children exposed to meth
- Cullman County authorities recover 3.5 pounds of meth from undocumented man
- LIVE WEATHER UPDATES: Tornado watch for Cullman, Dekalb, Jackson and Marshall Counties
- The tornado that went through Cullman County Friday was rated an EF-2