The Madison County Emergency Management Agency is shedding light on why broadcast stations aired a civil emergency message Wednesday night.
Emergency managers say the state emergency management agency in Clanton sent the message as an error.
The message was displayed at 7:37 p.m. Wednesday, and it was scheduled to last until 7:52 p.m.
State emergency managers say the message was supposed to be an internal test, and they apologize for any confusion it created.
- This is why you saw a civil emergency message on WAAY 31 Wednesday night
- Erin Dacy says goodbye to WAAY 31
- WAAY 31's Top 10 Stories of 2017
- WAAY 31's MaryLee Adams on coaches concerns
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Sheriff Ana Franklin's questionable connections
- Fired FBI director's first interview airs tonight on WAAY 31
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Morgan County Whistleblower blogger
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Cleaning contaminated water
- WAAY 31 teams with local radio stations for canned food drive
- Southern California wildfires hit home for one of WAAY 31's own