Two men received life sentences from Lauderdale County judges Wednesday morning in two separate cases.
Alfonso Ramon Jarmon, 34, was sentenced to life with the possibility of parole by Lauderdale County District Court Judge Carole Medley for the murder of his elderly neighbor.
A jury found Jarmon guilty of murder in October for the 2016 murder of his neighbor, Charles Perkins, 77. Witnesses said Jarmon shot Perkins in the head after an argument.
Jarmon's attorney, Jean Darby, collapsed in the courtroom during closing arguments in the case and later died.
Also Wednesday morning, District Court Judge Gilbert Self sentenced Corey Davis to life with the possibility of parole.
Davis pleaded guilty in November to human trafficking charges.
Davis is accused of meeting three separate victims online in 2016 and offering to pay them for sex. Investigators said he then kidnapped, raped and tortured the women. Investigators believe he targeted escorts because he thought they wouldn't report it.
- Two men sentenced to life in Lauderdale County cases
- Lauderdale County Homicide Investigation
- Storm damage in Lauderdale County
- Weather damage clean up in Lauderdale County
- Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting
- Lauderdale County woman fights off alleged groper
- Wreck in Lauderdale County kills 3 teens
- Community mourns Lauderdale County wreck victims
- Lauderdale County man charged with rape
- Lauderdale County man arrested for sodomy