Sheffield police tell WAAY 31 they arrested a man who tried to rape a 64-year old woman Sunday night.
33-year-old Mackenzie Patrick Riede is charged with attempted rape and first degree burglary. He is being held in the Colbert County Jail on $25,000 bond.
Police said Riede broke into the victim's home in the 2800 block of 9th Avenue in Sheffield a little after 11 p.m. Sunday night. Riede used a window to gain access to the home, according to Sheffield Police Chief Greg Ray.
He then stripped down naked, went into the woman's bedroom and got on top of her, according to police. The woman fought him off, and Riede ran from the home, police said.
When he ran from the home, police said Riede left his clothes and his cell phone. Police said the woman also gave them a description that matched Riede.
Once police found him, they said Riede denied everything.
He is being held in the Colbert County Jail on $25,000 bond.
- Police: Would-be rapist left cell phone in victim's home
- Jury selected in trial of accused Shoals serial rapist
- Man charged in fight that left victim hospitalized
- Teacher left her students $1 million
- Alabama man, 43, found dead in cell hours after arrest
- Police try to unlock phone with dead man’s finger in Florida
- Police: Victim shot in north Huntsville suffering life-threatening injuries
- UPDATE: Huntsville police identify victim in overnight murder
- Omarosa: Trump's senior staff has no blacks left
- The storms left Morgan County residents cleaning up damage