Marshall County Animal Control is sharing tips on how to protect yourself from a dog attack the day after after a pack of dogs killed one and seriously injured another.
Animal control director Kevin Hooks provided five tips for people who may be presented a similar situation.
1. Try to remain as calm as possible.
2. Don't look the dog in the eye.
3. Don't put your hands in a place where the dog can bite them.
4. Carry pepper spray in case of an attack.
5. Don't run if a dog starts to bite you.
6. Try to remain as calm as possible during the attack. Shout for help, and only fight back if the dog continues to bite you.
Hooks also says if your dog is attacked by another dog, you should pull your dog by its leash to get it away from the attacking dog.