Marshall County Animal Control is sharing tips on how to protect yourself from a dog attack the day after after a pack of dogs killed one and seriously injured another.
Animal control director Kevin Hooks provided five tips for people who may be presented a similar situation.
1. Try to remain as calm as possible.
2. Don't look the dog in the eye.
3. Don't put your hands in a place where the dog can bite them.
4. Carry pepper spray in case of an attack.
5. Don't run if a dog starts to bite you.
6. Try to remain as calm as possible during the attack. Shout for help, and only fight back if the dog continues to bite you.
Hooks also says if your dog is attacked by another dog, you should pull your dog by its leash to get it away from the attacking dog.
- 6 ways to protect yourself when threatened by a dog
- Moore threatens lawsuit over story that threatens campaign
- Woman threatens individual with shotgun over dispute about her dog, police say
- Phoenix restaurant burglarized, owner threatened
- DHS extends protections for Syrians
- Metal detectors might protect students
- Dog trainer reveals creative ways to entertain your cooped up canine in cold
- Trump's comments threaten already-delicate DACA talks
- Shooting victim hospitalized with life-threatening injuries
- The pandemic that threatens women globally