Construction is about to begin on a $115 million manufacturing plant that is expected to bring more than 300 jobs to Huntsville.
Automotive manufacturer BOCAR says it is planning to begin construction at its plant, which will be located on Bibb Garrett Road in Huntsville-annexed Limestone County. The construction will begin in spring 2018, and company leaders hope production begins in 2020.
Company leaders joined state and local officials at the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce for a ceremonial groundbreaking because of rainy weather. The German automotive company initially announced it would build a Huntsville facility in November. BOCAR also has a presence in Mexico and Japan along with Germany and the U.S.
Photo: Chamber of Commerce Huntsville/Madison County
No jobs are currently being advertised, but the company plans to advertise openings at the Alabama Industrial Development Training website.
- 300 jobs coming to Huntsville as construction nears at BOCAR plant
- Indiana man starts 300 mile run in Huntsville
- Hexcel expanding Decatur plant, creating 90 jobs
- Frontier Airlines coming to Huntsville
- Styrofoam covering area around Huntsville construction site
- Toyota-Mazda plant announcement coming next year
- Limestone County Schools set to gain millions from new BOCAR facility
- Lawrence County animal shelter construction coming along
- New Huntsville diner brings over 100 jobs
- Construction at Mazda-Toyota plant halted over fish preservation concerns