GRANTS PASS, Ore.-- 28-year-old Abby Beckley affectionately calls herself worm girl.
This comes after an incident in summer of 2016, when she discovered worms were in her left eye.
Beckley says while her eyes are fine now, at the time she was in a panic, since there's little documentation of people having worms in their eyes.
In fact, the CDC says she's the first person worldwide to have cattle flies infect her eyes.
A year and a half later... Abby Beckley says, "I didn't lose any vision, nothing happened, it feels fine."
Beckley is sharing her story so more people become aware that this can happen.
Abby Beckley says, "Because it is so broad, and amounted to the fact that I live in Southern Oregon, if this happens to someone else, I want them to Google this and find stories and see that this girl lived through it and is ok and I'll be ok too."
- 14 worms pulled from Oregon woman's eye
- Brain-eating worm grows in Florida man's eye
- Couple finds worms in their feet after a beach vacation
- Family seeking answers 14 years after woman's murder
- Missing student's body pulled from Tennessee creek
- Heineken pulls beer commercial after racism complaints
- Mother of woman in jail believes her daughter pulled the trigger in self-defense
- Lost cat reunites with owner after 14 years
- Man firing into Toronto cafes shoots 14 people, killing 2
- Buoyed by Alabama win, Democrats eye Tennessee Senate race