Twelve people are in the hospital Wednesday night because of a wreck on Highway 157 and County Line road, which is in between Moulton and Tuscumbia. According to the Colbert County Sheriff's Office a car ran a stop sign at the intersection and hit a van full of people.
As of Wednesday night we do not know the status of those people taken to the hospital. People who live in this area describe the intersection as relatively safe, because of all the flashing lights letting people know its there. That is one reason why a man who frequently travels this area said he's surprised the accident happened.
"It's just a straight road. People go pretty fast and there's just this side intersection, but it's no special intersection. It's just a straight road," said Hans Smars.
Right now this accident is being investigated by the Alabama State Troopers.
- 12 people sent to hospital in Shoals wreck
- Tuscumbia man killed in Muscle Shoals wreck
- Wreck on Monte Sano sends five people to the hospital
- 2 taken to hospital after morning wreck
- Woman hospitalized following car wreck on I-565
- Woman taken to hospital after overnight wreck
- One taken to hospital after morning wreck
- One person hospitalized after New Market wreck
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after wreck on Highway 431
- Shoals attorney has license suspended