MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Police say a 1-year-old child has been fatally shot in Tennessee.
According to local news media, Memphis police said in a statement that the child was shot Friday morning at an apartment complex in the city.
Police who responded to the shooting blocked streets around the city to get the child to the hospital, but the child was later pronounced dead.
Police have not released other details, including the circumstances around the shooting or the gender of the child.
The Commercial Appeals reports 13 juveniles have been killed in Memphis so far this year.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
11/10/2017 12:05:30 PM (GMT -6:00)
- 1-year-old child shot, killed in Tennessee apartment complex
- Police: 1 shot at Decatur apartment complex
- Huntsville apartment complex fire under investigation
- Man charged after Athens apartment complex shooting
- Police: 1-year-old fatally shot at home in possible accident
- Tennessee teen shot and killed during home invasion
- Apartment complex hires Huntsville police after overnight shooting
- Huntsville Police swarm apartment complex after New Year's Eve shooting
- Police: Woman stole vehicles from Muscle Shoals apartment complex
- One victim dies after shooting at Huntsville apartment complex