Madison County investigators say one was shot and multiple suspects are in custody following a money dispute in Hazel Green.
Deputies were called to the scene of Joe Quick Road and Jimmy Fisk Road around 1 p.m. Tuesday after receiving a call about gunshots in the area.
Witnesses say they saw a vehicle leave the scene, and when deputies arrived, they found a gunshot victim at a home on Walt Campbell Road. Medics took the gunshot victim to Huntsville Hospital, but that person's condition was not released.
Investigators learned where the two suspects were located and took them into custody. The suspects are being interviewed, and it appears that the dispute started over a money issue.
The case remains under investigation, and deputies plan to release new details when they become available.
- 1 shot in Hazel Green over money dispute, deputies say
- Sunday's storm causes damage in Hazel Green
- Two suspects arrested in deadly shooting near Hazel Green
- Suspect in iPhone theft case tied to Hazel Green robbery
- Woman, baby go to hospital after Hazel Green wreck
- Wreck shuts down lanes of Highway 231/431 in Hazel Green
- Wreck ends with burned cars in Hazel Green
- Morning wreck blocks Highway 431 in Hazel Green
- Sparkman and Hazel Green clinch final four berths
- Hazel Green wins 6A championship, Russellville falls in 5A