Carrie Underwood has offered an update after she suffered a "gruesome" injury that she says left her with "between 40-50 stitches" in her face.
The singer posted a letter to fans on her site Tuesday about her recovery from a freak accident late last year, which also left her with a broken wrist and needing physical therapy.
Underwood suffered a "gruesome" injury months ago
She said recovery has been "forced relaxation"
"My wrist is almost back to normal, about 90% there... and the docs say that last 10% will come in time," the letter said. "And my face has been healing pretty nicely as well. I definitely feel more like myself than I have in a while."
Underwood revealed her fall in a post on New Year's Day, saying she wanted to spare fans the "gruesome details" but make them aware as to why her appearance may be altered after healing.
"When I am ready to get in front of a camera, I want you all to understand why I might look a bit different," Underwood said in her January post. "I'm hoping that, by then, the differences are minimal, but, again, I just don't know how it's all going to end up."
In her most recent post, Underwood said something positive has come out of her recovery.
"One of the silver linings for me in this healing process is the time I've gotten to spend with [husband and son] Mike and Isaiah," Underwood wrote. "I've been calling it 'forced relaxation.' Sometimes I think things happen in order to make us slow down."
Underwood is set to make her first public appearance Sunday when she performs her new single, "Cry Pretty," at the Academy of Country Music Awards.
- Carrie Underwood says her face is healing 'pretty nicely'
- Carrie Underwood announces second pregnancy
- Carrie Underwood shuts down surgery rumors
- Carrie Underwood pregnant with baby No. 2
- Carrie Underwood will do something astounding Sunday night
- Carrie Underwood denies fall staged to cover for plastic surgery
- Carrie Underwood says she 'might look a bit different' after face injury
- Carrie Underwood makes powerful return to the stage after injuring her face
- Carrie Underwood's husband Mike Fisher shuts down talk of troubled marriage
- Carrie Underwood hace un poderoso regreso a los escenarios luego de sufrir una herida facial