The Erie County District Attorney's Office has announced 36-year-old Leron Bailey was sentenced to 65 years to life in prison.
In 2013, Bailey fired several shots into a vehicle parked at the corner of Stevens Avenue and East Ferry Street. The bullets hit the man in the driver's seat in the chest and struck the woman in the backseat in the heart.
According to police, the man was the intended target of the shooting. He received medical treatment and recovered, while 20-year-old Diamond Toler was killed.
In January 2018, a jury found Bailey guilty of second degree murder, second degree attempted murder, and two counts of criminal possession of a weapon.
- Man sentenced for 2013 shooting that killed innocent bystander
- Fraternity, four men to be sentenced in 2013 hazing death
- Armed bystanders kill shooter at Oklahoma City restaurant
- How Obama's team lost its innocence
- Man Sentenced to Life in Prison for Abduction, Murder of Michigan Store Clerk in 2013
- Bystander helps in stolen car chase
- Man trapped in burning truck saved by bystanders
- Dow poised for best year since 2013
- Netanyahu trumpets his innocence as investigations against him proceed
- MT Innocence Project reacts to decision in 1994 murder convictions