A Cape Coral woman is in jail on a DUI charge after police say she bought more wine after crashing in a Publix parking lot.
50-year-old Lisa Lehman is facing charges of DUI and Hit and Run.
According to Cape Coral Police, around 8am Sunday, a customer came out of the Publix on Cape Coral Parkway to find her parked vehicle damaged.
As the victim talked to police at the scene, Lehman arrived, placed a brown bag in her car, and identified herself as the driver of the car. She admitted that she had hit and damaged the victim's car. Officers noted that Lehman was having balance issues and smelled of alcohol.
EMS checked Lehman and found no medical issues, and officers conducted a DUI investigation, during which she failed several sobriety tests, according to a police report.
Lehman was arrested and booked into the Lee County Jail.
A search of her vehicle revealed an empty Chardonnay bottle under a seat, and the brown bag contained a bottle of Moscato she had just purchased from Publix.
- Police: Drunk woman crashes car in parking lot, buys more wine
- Cheap wine is about to get a lot more expensive
- Police: Man charged with threatening woman with a machete in grocery store parking lot
- Amy Poehler's directorial debut will have wine and lots of 'SNL' alums
- Prominent Mid-Michigan car dealer found dead in church parking lot
- Shaquille O'Neal to pay for funeral of woman fatally shot in high school parking lot
- Are reduced-calorie wines worth it?
- Turning hops into South Africa's 'next wine'
- Video: Children nearly gunned down in chaotic parking lot firefight
- Man severely beaten for honking horn in parking lot