A fire broke out early Sunday morning at the Shell Oil refinery in Saraland.
According to the Saraland Fire Rescue officials, at approximately 3 a.m. Sunday one of the fuel pumps failed igniting the fuel.
The Shell Oil emergency response team immediately called Saraland Fire Rescue to assist them in containing the fire. Saraland officials called the Mobile Fire-Rescue hazardous materials team to help them contain any petroleum leaks.
The Shell Oil team quickly contained the fire and prevented the leak from becoming more serious. There were no injuries or major property damage associated with the fire.
- Oil refinery fire in Saraland
- Big Oil deal creates largest American refinery
- Woman Arrested At Saraland Alabama Waffle House
- Largest East Coast oil refinery goes bankrupt, blaming 'broken' EPA rules
- Bikers pack Saraland Waffle House to show support for police
- Saudi Aramco will build $44 billion 'mega refinery' in India
- Oil and Gasoline Fast Facts
- Venezuela oil production is plummeting
- Alabama upset, Fed decision; Oil watch
- Stocks steady; Bitcoin bounces; Oil at $60