It has been an incredible year in sport. Tennis greats Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal rolled back the years with astonishing comebacks, a pregnant Serena Williams created history at the Australian Open, while Sergio Garcia proved that good things come to those who wait as the Spaniard won a first major title with a thrilling Masters win.
On the football pitch, Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo continued to dominate, winning a 12th European Cup to become the first team in 27 years to retain the trophy, and Bibiana Steinhaus shattered the sport's glass ceiling by becoming the Bundesliga's first female referee.
So what better way to mark 2017, and to get into the festive spirit, than to watch CNN World Sport presenters give Clement Clarke Moore's well-known Christmas poem "Twas the Night Before Christmas" a sporty twist.
You can watch the video -- while perhaps tucking into some mince pies, Christollen or eggnog (depending on where you are in the world) -- at the top of this page
- A sporty take on The Night before Christmas
- Christmas Fast Facts
- Christmas night brings freezing temps, slick roads across the metro area
- The Philippines' deadly Christmas weekend
- Conjoined twins celebrate first Christmas
- Christmas Tree Lighting at Marywood University
- Trees for Folks in Need This Christmas
- The War on Christmas is peak Trumpism
- Secrets of Rockefeller Center at Christmas
- NORAD tracking Santa's movements on Christmas Eve